Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Good News

I had a day at work.  I thought it was going to be terrible, but I actually left feeling better than I had when I arrived in the morning.  I love when that happens.

So I went over to the Park Center to walk on the track for a bit before a quick dinner at Noodles before heading over to the Library.  I zoned out while walking and suddenly it was 5pm.  I love when that happens.

I checked my e-mail while eating dinner and there was a note from my mother asking if I remembered to call our mechanic to make an appointment for an oil change.  Damn.  I also forgot to call Dr. Sakas for the results from Kiwi's asper recheck.  I checked the clock.  It's not too late!  I love when that happens.

The receptionist answered the phone and put me on hold to check the file.  In fact, they had called the house an hour before to let me know that the test came back negative.

"Negative?"  I was actually surprised, after eight months of medicine twice a day.  "You mean we can take her off the medicine?"  She went to check with the doctor.  Two more weeks, just to be sure.  Then we can drop the meds.

People, I could have cried.  I was so happy that I called my mother.  Here's what I got:

"So did you call Bill? (the mechanic)"

But then she offered to call him for me. 

For a minute there, all was right with the world.

No comments: