Over the last few years, I have crossed a few off the list. South Dakota. Toronto. My employer sent me to Seattle three times, so I got over that.
But there are so many, many places I haven't been. And so many, many excuses. Here's my Top Ten (after Boston, I mean):
- Yellowstone - I don't even know how to get there. And do they have wi-fi?
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary - You have to fly to Vegas and then drive five hours.
- Alaskan cruise - There are only about five good weeks to go and demand is high. $$$$
- Gulf coast - Every time I think about it, I get distracted by the bright shiny object called New Orleans.
- European tour - I'm waiting for the dollar to come back. Stop laughing.
- Grand Canyon - If I am going to head in that direction, Best Friends comes first.
- Mackinac - I live in Chicago. I can always go to Mackinac.
- Civil War road trip - Seriously, gotta narrow that one down.
- Oregon - if I am heading in that direction, I might as well go to Alaska.
- Ozarks - If I went to the Ozarks before New England, the Rotondi sisters might kill me.
My winter 2012 vacation is booked. But I'd better hang on to this for next summer.