Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Summer Vacations I Haven't Done Yet

I was talking with a co-worker who is planning a vacation with her new husband.  They are thinking Boston.  Boston is perennially on my list of possibilities for Summer Vacations, but never quite makes the cut.  This year, I went to Disney with family.  That has happened a non-zero number of times.  And I always want to go back to New Orleans.

Over the last few years, I have crossed a few off the list.  South Dakota.  Toronto.  My employer sent me to Seattle three times, so I got over that.

But there are so many, many places I haven't been.  And so many, many excuses.  Here's my Top Ten (after Boston, I mean):

  1. Yellowstone - I don't even know how to get there.  And do they have wi-fi?
  2. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary - You have to fly to Vegas and then drive five hours.
  3. Alaskan cruise - There are only about five good weeks to go and demand is high. $$$$
  4. Gulf coast -  Every time I think about it, I get distracted by the bright shiny object called New Orleans.
  5. European tour - I'm waiting for the dollar to come back.  Stop laughing.
  6. Grand Canyon - If I am going to head in that direction, Best Friends comes first.
  7. Mackinac - I live in Chicago.  I can always go to Mackinac.
  8. Civil War road trip - Seriously, gotta narrow that one down.
  9. Oregon - if I am heading in that direction, I might as well go to Alaska.
  10. Ozarks - If I went to the Ozarks before New England, the Rotondi sisters might kill me.
My winter 2012 vacation is booked.  But I'd better hang on to this for next summer.

1 comment:

Fluffycat said...

I think Europe works better in fall or spring. Too hot in the summer. Very nice here now and not super crowded. I don't let the exchange rate bug me much even if I'm eating rice and beans when I get home.