Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Island Time

Big Company Meeting in Hawaii this week.  Yeah, yeah.  I'd explain why it is all a big pain, but you wouldn't believe me.

Things on the island are more laid back.  Meaning that if a meeting is supposed to start at 2pm, it will really be at 2:15.  Makes me crazy, actually.  But here's where it got funny:

Last night, my sixth in town, was the end of the big functions.  When I got back to my room, there was a gift box on my bed.  I opened the card, thinking it was a Thank You.  "Time to Relax" would have been premature.

The card read (in short), "We welcome you here to the islands of Aloha...You have our commitment that...Please feel free to let us know how we can make your stay more memorable."  Followed by the contact information of five people.

It was a lovely box of Hawaiian shortbread cookies.

No comments: