Saturday, August 15, 2009

T Minus Four Weeks

Like the new school year, the football season always begins with such great hope. A clean slate and everyone is healthy. Of course, with a season that starts with the Packers and moves onto the Steelers, it is best to manage our expectations.

Preseason always messes with my head. All the new people. I spend the entire four games talking about “that guy wearing (some former player’s) number”. And of course, this time I was lamenting the loss of Mike Brown. (I know he was always hurt. But he was a leader. Urlacher said so.) Finally, since the purpose is not to win, but to review your depth chart, we don’t even know whether losing the game means something.

I have not gotten aboard the Jay Cutler bandwagon yet. But I am a sucker for NFL marketing:



Are you ready for some football?

No comments: