Sunday, August 23, 2009

Trying Something New

At the last meeting of the Used Book Store committee, we came around to the topic of having multiple copies of books. Should we keep every copy on the shelves? Perhaps take extra copies to sell to Half Price Books? Someone threw out the idea of bundling them together for book clubs. The "Book Club in a Bag" seems to be a really popular thing for checking out at the library, so we thought we would give it a try:


We had four copies of Cold Mountain, certainly a Book Club favorite (I've never read it myself, but I saw most of the movie back when we still had HBO). Three hardcover and one trade paperback for $2.50. The little sign in the front has suggested web sites for discussion questions. I don't know whether this is going to fly, but I have a list of other titles that I am watching for similar bundling. Four copies seems to be a good target, although I'm not sure Death of a Salesman is likely to be a crowd-pleaser.

No comments: