Tuesday, December 30, 2008

50 Book Challenge

This was my third year doing the 50 Book Challenge. A community on Live Journal is dedicated to reading at least 50 books each year. In 2006, I just made it. In 2007, I read 72 books. In 2008, I have just finished 50. And completed four courses toward my Masters Degree, not that I am making excuses.

Next year, I plan to post each of my individual reads here, but for now I thought I would put down the complete list from 2008:

50
Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World
Bill Clinton

49
Never Have Your Dog Stuffed
Alan Alda

48
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
Kim Edwards

47
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
J.K. Rowling

46

The Thorn Birds
Colleen McCullough

45
Portnoy's Complaint
Philip Roth

44
Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol
Tom Mula

43
Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope
Jenna Bush

42
Inside Mrs. B's Classroom
Leslie Baldacci

41
Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton and Me
Patti Boyd

40
Dispatches From the Edge
Anderson Cooper

39
Alex and Me
Irene Pepperberg

38
The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader
Ryder Windham

37
Marley and Me
John Grogan

36
My Dark Places
James Ellroy

35
Tropic of Cancer
Henry Miller

34
Love in the Time of Cholera
Gabriel Garcia Marquez

33
How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents
Julia Alvarez

32
Nine Parts of Desire
Geraldine Brooks

31
X Saves the World: How Generation X Got the Shaft but Can Still Keep the World from Sucking
Jeff Gordinier

30
An Unfinished Season
Ward Just

29
A Confederacy of Dunces
John Kennedy Toole

28
The Big Sleep
Raymond Chandler

27
Washington
Meg Greenfield

26
Emma: The Many Facets of Emma Thompson
Chris Nickson

25
Darcy's Story
Janet Aylmer

24
A Gentleman in Charleston and the Manner of His Death
William Baldwin

23
Mayflower
Nathaniel Philbrick

22
Saturday
Ian McEwan

21
The Winds of War
Herman Wouk

20
Crazy Horse: Hoka Hay!
Vinson Brown

19
Letters from Yellowstone
Diane Smith

18
The Children's Blizzard
David Laskin

17
The Master Butcher's Singing Club
Louise Erdrich

16
Measure of a Man
Sidney Poitier

15
Bodily Harm
Margaret Atwood

14
The Diana Chronicles
Tina Brown

13
The Dumas Club
Arturo Perez-Reverte

12
Who Killed the Robins Family
Bill Adler

11
Democracy
Joan Didion

10
Rosemary's Baby
Ira Levin

9
V: The Second Generation
Kenneth Johnson

8
I Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans
Jason Berry

7
Streetwise Marketing
Don Debelak

6
Citizen Marketers: When People are the Message
Jackie Huba and Bill McConnell

5
One Dead in Attic
Chris Rose

4
Turn of the Screw
Henry James

3
Fraternity
Bob Greene

2
March
Geraldine Brooks

1
Rhett Butler's People
Donald McCaig

I have just learned that Blogger does not take Excel spreadsheets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[brag brag mcbraggity]I read 160.[/brag brag mcbraggity]