Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The News Today

I first saw the headline on MSN:

Feds: Governor tried to 'auction' Obama's seat
Blagojevich arrested, accused of 'corruption crime spree' over appointment


I had been in meetings all morning and was hours behind the news. My jaw dropped to the floor. My co-worker, Augie, thinks that I am dumb. Even knowing in my gut that Governor Blagojevich is corrupt, I was stunned that he could sink so low. There is an old saying in my family:

He should be sent to jail for being stupid.

Yes. I understand that we are Innocent Until Proven Guilty. And I still believed the story immediately.

The Chicago Tribune, which is actually a part of the drama (as opposed to just reporting it), has tons of links to different angles of the story. But here is what I want you to know:

We knew that he was doing bad things. We knew he was being investigated. We knew it would all catch up with him sooner or later. And now...

We don't know whether to laugh or cry.

No comments: