Thursday, March 4, 2010

Being Sick and Other Randomness

My voice is still gone.  And I actually had to leave our department planning meeting today because I couldn't stop coughing.  So I went to the doctor, who put me on an anti-biotic and told me to stay home.  And really.  Rest the vocal chords.

When I woke up this morning, I knew it would be a struggle to get through the day.  So I did my hair and make up for reals and put on a skirt.  And you know what happened? 

I was walking through the grocery store to pick up the prescription when I ran into one of the young ladies that bags groceries.  I am ashamed to say that I don't know her name, but I see her once or twice a month. She said, "You look really pretty today."  I barely managed to whisper a "thank you" so she must think I am very rude.  But here is what you should know:  Bare Escentuals.  Foundation as concealer.

And the other randomness:

First, Costco just won a thousand points with me.  I went to get gas at the Costco gas station.  Because it is Members Only, we are required to swipe our member cards and then our credit cards.  My membership had expired.  It let me get gas anyway.  It looks like they will only let you get away with it once, but when the weather is bad, that means a lot.  So thank you, Costco.

Second, a colleague was selling girl scout cookies for his daughter.  I bought a box of the new ones with cranberry in them so that I wouldn't buy two boxes of Thin Mints.  And they were really good.  Such that I bought another box, which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place!


No comments: