Sunday, April 3, 2011

Again with the Cupcakes

About five minutes after professing that I am not a crazy cupcake lady, and that it is just a Washington thing, I saw a window sign in the Glen Town Center that a cupcakery  was coming.  Cup of Cake opened sometime when I was on the road and I went in on Thursday before heading to the Library.

They have tables, which is good.  And Hot Chocolate, which will make me very happy, assuming it is any good.  There are a few more bakery items along with the cupcakes.  The cupcakes are $2.75 each, which 25 cents less than the truck in DC and 75 cents less than the cupcakery on 7th street.


I ordered a cake pop, which seems to be the Next Big Thing (meaning that even Starbucks has them now).


I believe I read that it is cake mashed with frosting dipped in chocolate.  Read as:  sugar bomb.  I will not be ordering this again.

The really bad news is the operating hours.  They don't even open until noon and are closed on Sundays.

Happily, it seems I will not become Crazy Cupcake Lady.  But I am glad to have them.

Edit:  I just read that Facebook page that I linked to and it seems that their hours are changing and they will be open on Sundays soon.  Also, Friday and Saturday they will open at 11:30 a.m., which is better.  Somewhat.

No comments: