Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Library Used Book Sale



The dates have been set for the Glenview Public Library's Used Book Sale - July 12-13.

This lovely sketch was on the library website. I believe it is the original plan that was presented for approval two years ago. I also believe we have been downsized out of it twice. Nice to know what we're working for. If they would just break ground already.

I didn't think much of the design at first. I think it is trying to do a modern Prairie style thing - Glenview is very into Prairie anything. And I suppose it is better than Northbrook's, which we always referred to as "Jabba's Sail Barge". And not in a good way. Wait - I can find a picture of that.

So if you are going to be around town that weekend in July, stop by - I believe I picked up 12 books at the December sale (and have perhaps read two of them). Then go across the street to the Dairy Bar for ice cream.

No comments: