Wednesday, May 7, 2008

At the Refuge - Addison


On my nights at the Refuge, I am generally working in the front room. The Permanent Residents are there, so I don't handle the Adoptables as often as other volunteers. Addison is available for adoption and happens to be in the front room these days.


Addison is a Congo African Grey parrot, like my bird Kiwi. Greys are not the cuddliest of the parrots, but they are the talkers. Addison had a pretty decent vocabulary when I first met him and it has expanded over the last couple of months. New tonight was an imitation of our Volunteer Director calling, "Honey?" The other new joke is that he and another Grey, Corky, have been teaching each other things. Tonight they were both clucking like chickens. They can also Meow. Thankfully there have been no swear words. That makes me crazy.


Addison is up for adoption and you can read more about him here.


No comments: