Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More about Security

Monday to Raleigh. Tuesday home from Raleigh. Wednesday to Fargo. I hadn't really unpacked.

I am in line at security at O'Hare. Security gives me a "Is this your bag?"

Me: "Yes."

Him: "Do you have any sharp objects in this bag?"

Me: (Holy crap!) I don't think so.

Him: (Pulls something out of the bag) "What is this?"

Me: (Melting into a puddle on the floor) ...staple remover...please go ahead and throw them out...

Him: Are there any more?

Me: I think there are a total of four.

He pulls out all four and hands them to another guy who takes them somewhere. They are brought back and put into my bag. I am dismissed.

I told Dwight that would happen when he gave me those things in Raleigh. He said it wouldn't be a problem. Well, not at his airport, I guess.

When I arrived in Fargo, I told the story to Kim, who picked me up at the airport. She said:

"If you took those through security in Fargo, they would have been confiscated and you would have been strip searched. We will mail them back to you."

No comments: