Saturday, November 22, 2008

What I Did on My Saturday

Each Holiday Season my mother, like many people, goes on a frenzied cleaning spree. Such that I don't want to be in the house. And then she gets angry because I'm not helping and I want to be in the house even less.

This afternoon she wanted to put up the Christmas tree. I wanted to start the cleaning and avoid the madness. But nothing sounded good to me because if we do hard core cleaning now - the kind that involves moving furniture and electric scrub brushes and steam cleaners - it will just have to be done again before Christmas. At the same time, if we do the vacuuming and dusting now, she will just want to do it again Thursday morning.

Here is what I came up with:





That, ladies and gentlemen, is my pantry. It is cleaned out for real about every five years. I know this because the oldest expiration date I found on a can of soup was 2003. And the clean out time before that was when Geoffrey was still living in the house, so it was either 1998 or 1999.

Someday, I will remember to do a "Before" pic. But not today. And now I am tired.

No comments: