Sunday, November 9, 2008

Now it is Winter

I have tons and tons of blankets, quilts and comforters in my house. King sized things are really easy to find on sale, but hard to get washed and dried effectively. The dog actually has a bed in the back of my SUV because I never managed to bring my black comforter to a laundromat. My point is that I don't have "Summer" or "Winter" stuff for my bed. I have three or four sets of "Summer" and "Winter" stuff for my bed. More if I mix and match with my mother, which explains why I am using a blood red quilt.




It is time for the flannel sheets. Topped with the comforter covered by a flannel duvet. Topped by the aforementioned red quilt. The purpose of the quilt is to have something light weight and easily washable at the surface to soak up all of the cat fur.

Winter is also when Spooky the Cat goes from wanting a fresh towel on his Pillow Bed (every three days) to wanting a fresh blanket on his bed (every three days):



I flashed a camera in his face and he didn't even blink. Seriously - do cats hibernate?

1 comment:

Fluffycat said...

My cats have definitely taken to the sleeping on blankets or on the down comforter more. I should probably buy one of those self-heating pads for them to sit on, though I'm worried they would fight over it as they are currently fighting over the blanket on the couch.