Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Goode Family


If you asked me to name a time when, watching a TV show, I laughed so hard that I fell off the couch, I could name two:

One was when Joey figured out that Monica was hooking up with Chandler. The other was when Beavis and Butthead…ummm...said stuff. Heh heh.

Anyway. During the last couple
of episodes of Lost, I saw the preview for a new Mike Judge show called The Goode Family. It looked kind of like King of the Hill for crazy-green people. I caught the first two episodes last night. And it was kind of like King of the Hill for crazy-green poeple.

Judge does the voice of the dad, who I would describe as the hippie teacher from Beavis & Butthead if he got married and had children. That was a nice dose of nostalgia. The mom was like the mom on Daria, another Judge cartoon on MTV. The grandpa kind of reminds me of Hank Hill’s dad. I guess my point is that I wouldn’t exactly call this new. In fact, I wouldn’t even say I was totally paying attention. But:

Watching the eco-dad trying to get on with the football dads was fun. Watching the dog, doomed for all eternity to eat soy bones, hunting squirrel was fun. I wouldn’t use up DVR space on this show, but it has some potential. And it has to be better than watching reality TV all summer.

No comments: