Saturday, June 27, 2009

That's My Congressman

The Chicago Tribune is reporting on how some Republican Congresspeople helped pass The American Clean Energy and Security Act. I know very little about it, but my guy, Mark Kirk, was one of those Republicans.

Kirk has had a rough time the past couple of elections, with the Democratic machine painting him as a lap dog of George W. Bush.

Not true.

Kirk runs more conservative than I, but I pretty well trust him to be thoughtful and edumacated on stuff. He says that he read the entire 1,200 page bill.

"Dork", you say? What of it? If he really read the bill, used his best judgement and voted his conscience, he can make all of the dorky YouTube videos that he likes. And I will vote for him. Of course, the Internets on the Tribune's web site disagree.

No comments: