Thursday, April 15, 2010

Monetizing

I am home from Seattle and really tired and feel like I should write something, but I have nothing to say.  So I am looking at Blogger and see that they are partnered with Amazon.com to allow for some monetizing on my little blog.  There is even a tab called "Monetize" on the Blogger dashboard.  So I start fooling around with it.  Then I set up an account.  They have a tool in the Posting that allows a search for an Amazon product.  Pretty cool.  So when I post my 50 Book Challenge stuff, I can use this feature and it is way faster than copying images over from Librarything or wherever.  And if someone happens to click and purchase, there is some kind of commission.

When I set up this blog, I said that if my Google Ads ever made any money, I would donate the proceeds to the two places where I volunteer: the parrot rescue and Friends of the Glenview Library.  I will do the same if Amazon ever sends me cash.  In the 2+ years I have been writing here, I think I have about 20 bucks banked from those Google Ad clicks.  Google doesn't pay up until I reach $100.

So here I am testing...Ragtime.  Last book I read.  Hm.  Not as easy to move as a picture.  I wonder if I can use this in What I'm Reading Now.  Going to check.

No comments: