Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh. How True.

Robert Bianco, a TV writer at USA Today, does a regular column called Critic's Corner.  It is basically a What to Watch.  He made a comment today for the Wednesday post that rather hit home for me:

"David Tennant stars as Hamlet (PBS, 8 ET/PT, times may vary) tonight in this Great Performances filmed-for-TV version of the Royal Shakespeare Company's modern dress production, with Patrick Stewart as Claudius. There was a time, back when cable was young, we all thought classics like Hamlet would find a regular home on an arts-oriented basic network — like one of the ones that offer Dog the Bounty Hunter, Top Chef Masters or Hoarding: Buried Alive tonight instead. But it has become abundantly clear that if PBS doesn't do it, no one will."

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I watched something on Bravo.   Now I am going to go set my DVR.  Hang on, though:

Ooh, and check it out: my new Amazon Associates toy called it right up.  That's just good marketing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. I was going to see this.

John