Monday, April 12, 2010

Seattle City Tour

The tour was ok.  For fifty bucks, I was hoping for a bit more history and a bit more..getting out of the bus.  There was a lot of driving around the residential areas, which didn't particularly impress me.  Especially since I didn't get to get out and take a picture of the bridge troll.

There was a nice park in Pioneer Square where I saw a bar next to a book store next to a fireworks store.  None were open that Sunday morning, but my brother would have gotten a kick out of it.



We also saw the Locks, which is the place where the boats are moved from the salt water sea to the fresh water lake.  And apparently the salmon go through there, too.  They have an observation deck, but I didn't see any salmon.


At the end of the tour, we got the money shot.  Except I do not work the camera phone well enough to get it right.  From Kerry Park:


The weird thing for me about Seattle (besides the hippies) is that the water is everywhere.  The only way I can pretend to get around my own city is to know where the water is.  Maybe they ignore the water and find the mountains?

Nice place to visit, but I could never live here.

No comments: