Thursday, July 8, 2010

Annoying Calls at Work

As you may know, I don’t like to answer the phone. I pretty much refuse to do it unless I happen to be looking at the caller i.d. and happen to recognize the number. Also, if I am convinced it is a sales call, I probably won’t return it.

I was tricked not too long ago by someone calling “regarding CNA”, the company that once held some assets for my employer. I returned the call only to find out it was a recruiter, and the “regarding CNA” meant that CNA had been downsizing and they had some great candidates for me to hire!

That’s how you get blackballed, gang.

So when the caller i.d. at work said “BETHLEE LTD”, I didn’t answer. There was a voicemail:

“This is Sarah. Please return the call to 847/913-1750.”

I didn’t return the call.

The next day, I received a similar call from “Sandy”.

I didn’t return the call. This went on for a couple more days. Finally, I Googled BETHLEE LTD. Google didn’t quite cut it, so I did a reverse lookup on switchboard.com. Unlisted.

Really? A business was unlisted? Now I’m serious. I Googled the actual phone number and got this:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-847-913-1750

Some kind of By Appointment Resale Shop. For women’s clothing. And they are calling me at work? This is why I have a blog people. You have been warned.

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

The calls that perplex me are robocalls to my cell phone from an 800 number in Michigan. In Spanish. Which I don't speak. I suppose they're political, but that's no excuse for calling my cell, from that hotbed of Hispanic culture and political thought - Michigan.