Monday, July 12, 2010

Fantasy Camp

Weekend Assignment #326: Off To Camp
Guess what? You have been offered the chance to be the keynote speaker at a world famous fantasy camp! Great! Tell us what kind of camp it is, and what makes you such an expert!

Extra Credit: Create a special logo for the Fantasy Camp you are speaking at! :) Let's get a little visually creative!

For a few minutes there, I couldn’t even think of a kind of fantasy camp, other than for one sport or another. Then I remembered Homer Simpson’s Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp. Then I drove by a Sportscaster Fantasy Camp at a park district the other day. And I guess Space Camp would count. The truth is that I don’t even know what Fantasy Camp I’d want to attend.

Maybe if they did a White House Correspondents’ Fantasy Camp. Where campers got to ride on Air Force One and e-mail in stories and have interns that did the research.

I work in HR and that is no one’s fantasy camp. I know a lot about being a student. Again – no one’s fantasy camp. So unless they do a Fantasy Camp for people that read a lot of books and blog about them – I’ve tapped out my expertise.

2 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Ooh, I like the White House correspondents camp idea. And you8 never know - maybe somebody somewhere would pay good money to pretend to be in HR - especially i8f they could perform evaluations on their bosses with inpunity!

Anonymous said...

And also shout "you're fired" with impunity!