Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Something I Have Never Seen in Washington Before

I've mentioned that every time I am in Washington, I try to notice more.  Not always easy when my purpose is work and I always stay in the same hotel.  But I made my pilgrimage to President Lincoln and look at what I saw:


No, Dude.  Not the Washington Monument.  Lower.  That is the reflecting pool.  With no water in it.  I have certainly never seen the reflecting pool with no water.  And there is some kind of construction equipment in there, but I didn't really check it out. 

I also saw a rat on my way back from the Metro the other night, but that wasn't exactly new and I didn't take a picture.  It was a lovely day for such a hike, I am going home tomorrow and there is a puppy in my future.  I am happy. 

No comments: