Thursday, August 25, 2011

BTT: Reading History

When is the last time you read a history book? Historical biography? You know, something that took place in the past but was REAL.


I read history regularly, but mostly it has been American History.  I was on a Civil War kick for awhile, which included fiction and non-fiction, as well as Ken Burns and Professor Blight's course on Academic Earth.


I've read a bunch of history on American presidents, the most recent being Presidential Courage.  It was a book highlighting decisions made by several different presidents.  I blogged about it briefly here.


I also love a good memoir, regardless of the time period in which it is set.


At my last book club meeting, someone asked what percent of fiction vs. non-fiction people read.  I figure that I am right at the 50/50 mark, but maybe I should tally that up sometime.

No comments: