Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Several Chicagoland Fundraisers for Pets

This morning, my veterinarian's office posted on Twitter that they will be co-hosting a Canine Cancer Walk on October 1.  I hope that by then, Gibbs will be well enough trained and socialized to participate.  But that reminded me of several other pet-related fundraising events going on in my area, so this clearly deserves its own post:

Orphans of the Storm is having its 5th Annual Pooch Parade this Saturday, August 20, in Highland Park.  I adopted my Late Great Dog Dallas from Orphans.

Wright-Way Rescue is having  a Harvest for Hounds Run/Walk Fall Festival on October 8 in Niles.  I adopted Gibbs from Wright-Way.

Niles Animal Hospital is having a garage sale in its parking lot for the benefit of a Refuge for Saving the Wildlife, the parrot rescue where I volunteer, on September 18.

If you are in Chicagoland, I hope you can participate.  But if not, all of the charity websites accept donations!

No comments: