Friday, March 13, 2009

Cutting Expenses

MSN Money ran an article called 4 Expenses You Shouldn't Cut. I was particularly interested in the pieces on prescription drugs and car maintenance. My mechanic recently told me that he is seeing people forgo regular maintenance a lot lately. Worse - when the price of gas shot up, he twice had the same customer call him because he ran out of gas. I didn't even ask how much he charged to rescue someone that ran out of gas. On the Kennedy Expressway. Anyway - I know that many cars do not specifically require an oil change every 3,000 miles. But. From the article:

There is an added benefit of a regular oil change. While getting it changed, your mechanic will check all the fluid levels in your car, helping ensure your safety on the road, Ammons says.

That is exactly what I think.

I also liked the part about raising your deductible - as long as you stash the different somewhere in your savings. I should look at that stuff again.

No comments: