Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stupid Eco Friendly Stuff

Dear Aquafina:


While I admire your corporate commitment to minimizing the carbon footprint of my bottled water habit, I must say that your new bottles suck.

I bought a case of 16 ounce bottles in the new packaging and am now about halfway through it.  In opening all but one of the bottles, I have spilled water all over the place.  One needs a firm grasp on the body of the bottle in order to break the seal in the cap of the plastic.  That grasp collapses the "eco-friendly packaging" and the water squeezes out.

That's just poor engineering.  Respectfully, I'm going back to Ice Mountain.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Poland Spring packaging myself, especially the sports spout!

Anne said...

Busy! Glad to see you're still around. The Aquafina incident has driven me to attempt using the actual reusable bottles. I am trying Rubbermaid's diswasher safe stuff.

Jodi said...

Oh yes, I totally feel you... try putting Crystal Light in it. Especially the fruit punch flavor that turns the water a deep red... I shook it and it splashed all over my BRAND NEW "antique rose" cardi from Old Navy. WTF Aquafina?