Saturday, October 10, 2009

What You Get for Blogging

I have several e-mail accounts.  One at work.  One personal.  One "personal business", that I use for online ordering and mail-listy stuff.  I just received an e-mail in my personal account from Meatheads, the new burger place in Northbrook.  It looked like this, and included a coupon:


First, I think, "Oh, cool".  Then I think, "I don't remember giving them my e-mail address".  Then I think, "Wait, even if I did give them my e-mail address, I wouldn't have given them this e-mail address."

Then I figured it out:

I blogged about them.  And my blog is attached to my personal e-mail account. 

Huh.  I don't know whether this makes me happy or not.

Retraction:

It seems I didn't figure it out.  My mother sent me an e-mail saying that she is on their mailing list and she "redirected" the above to my personal e-mail account.

No comments: