Friday, November 19, 2010

BTT - Borrowing?

Who would you rather borrow from? Your library? Or a Friend?
(Or don’t your friends trust you to return their books?)
And, DO you return books you borrow?

I would rather borrow from the library.  I know exactly how long I can use it without making someone angry.  Or owe them money.  Mostly, I return books I borrow.  There are a few exceptions:
  1. Lusitania, a non-fiction book about the sinking of the ship during (or before?) WWI.  I borrowed it from my friend Eric about a dozen years ago and never read it.  It became a joke.  I do not see it on my TBR bookcase right now and I don't remember giving it back to him.  Perhaps I moved it to the other room with the rest of my books.  Perhaps he pilched it back the last time he was here.
  2. All's Fair, the Carville/Matalin book about the 1992 U.S. presidential election.  I borrowed it from my friend Jamie and loved it to death.  I kept it for so long that he bought himself another copy.
  3. A book on Nietzsche that I borrowed from a college boyfriend.  I just put it in my donation pile for the library.
  4. An old paperback copy of The Outsiders.  I forget from whom I borrowed it in highschool, but if it was you, you can have it back.  I found a hardcover copy.
Hm.  I guess this is why I buy my books.

No comments: