Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mobile Check In

The Chicago Tribune helpfully pointed me to this promotion with United Airlines.  Apparently, they are trying to encourage us to use their mobile check in feature, wherein we use our smartphones to check in to a flight.  A square code, like a UPC symbol, pops up on the screen and they scan that instead of paper when we board the airplane. 

It works fine.  I kinda prefer checking in online and printing a boarding pass because it is easier to hold than the phone when I am schlepping through the airport.  And my phone battery could always die.  And the security people seem less than impressed when you hand them your phone in that particular line.

But for an extra thousand miles for each flight between now and year end?  I signed right up.

No comments: