Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cyber Giving Monday

My online friend Carlo Garcia launched a short campaign to encourage people to donate to our favorite causes on Cyber Monday.  He called it Cyber Giving Monday. 
I was on the road Monday, and I don't like to offer up my credit card on strange Wi-fi, but when I got home last night I made two donations:

This time of year, I always make a contribution to Best Friends Animal Society.  They have been a pioneer in taking the no-kill movement national and building a network of local shelters and rescue groups. 

Second, I made a donation to Trio Animal Foundation - a group in Chicago I mentioned not long ago - that pays the medical bills of homeless animals until they can find permanent homes.  Trio herself passed away not long ago, so to honor her and my cat Spooky I thought this was fitting.

I continue to do much of my microphilanthropy on Crowdrise, so if you'd like to join in, you can find me here.

And if you are interested in Carlo's wrap up post, it can be found here.

No comments: