Monday, November 14, 2011

November Blanket Day and Blanket 62

Saturday was Blanket Day for our chapter of Project Linus.  I am sorry to say that I totally forgot to take pictures.  But the final product looks pretty much the same every time:


This day's take resembled 560 blankets bagged, tagged and ready to deliver.

I was working on this:



It had been awhile since I'd done a fully crocheted blanket.  This was Bernat's Waverly yarn in Greek Sea and Aqua Frost.  It really irritates me that the one skein was clearly shorter than the others.  But it is a thing that I doubt the kids will judge.  Otherwise, I really liked that yarn and I finished the blanket that night over an audio book.

Judy and Linda, the chapter coordinators, mentioned that they were looking for volunteers to help with some other chapter stuff: delivering blankets, newsletter, tagging blankets, etc.  I said that I'd do anything that could be done online - so we'll see where that goes.  And we have Starbucks night on Wednesday, which means I am sure to come home with a big pile of prepared fleece.

Until then, I am working on scarves and..scarves.

No comments: