Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Starting School

This past January, as the rest of the world was making New Year's Resolutions, I considered my goals for 2008. It went something like this:

  1. Complete at least two, preferably four courses toward my degree
  2. Spend one night a week volunteering at the Refuge
  3. Spend at least one night a week volunteering at the Library
  4. Complete 50 Book Challenge
  5. Exercise regularly (blah, blah, blah)

While I am working full time. This is as full as my plate has been since I was an undergrad. Maybe ever. It would make sense to cut back on the volunteering. Am I going to do that? Absolutely not.

I am not married and have no intention of ever being married. I do not plan to have children. I still want to be a well-rounded person. I want to make a contribution to my community. My intent here is to record some of the tales of the Volunteer Sphere, and perhaps help to maintain some perspective as I try to balance each of my roles.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Your schedule is similar to mine with a full-time job, volunteering with high school kids 1 night a week, orchestra 1 night a week, and school. I am also married which takes up time, too. I like your blog title - because it's what we do: juggling. My motto especially at work is, identify the glass balls and take care of those. The others are rubber and will bounce if they're dropped. I applaud your dedication to yourself and community!