Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Random Travel Train of Thought Post

Here's something that I hate to see:



An empty gate.  Actually, my flight wasn't late.  It was early.  It was just a later scheduled flight than I normally take.  So late, in fact, that I parked nowhere near my normal spot in remote parking.  Good thing I read that awesome article warning me about just such holiday phenomena and I got to the airport early.

And speaking of awesome, I found a new super-secret hidden security line at O'Hare where I got to the front so fast that I wasn't even ready and let someone budge.  Let me say that again.  I had to let someone budge in the security line because I wasn't ready to go through.  No, I am not going to tell you where it is.  Because the last time I told someone where my super-secret hidden security line was, it wasn't a secret anymore. 

Then I went to Auntie Anne's to have a pretzel for breakfast.  Because I just read somewhere that Auntie Anne's pretzels were on someone's list of "do not eat" airport food, which is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  Something about it being all carbs.  So I protested by eating one with cheese sauce.  And a Diet Coke.

I stopped drinking Diet Coke in the morning several years ago.  I drink water until lunch time.  And a pint of chocolate milk.  And can I tell you?  That Diet Coke this morning was the best Diet Coke I have ever had in my life.  I have been drinking Diet Coke all day trying to re-create the greatness of that one this morning.  It isn't happening.

So now I am....wait for it....blowing off my homework and watching repeats of NCIS on the USA Network.  Is this the one with Abby's crazy ex-boyfriend?  I am like Name that Tune with this show now.  My mother would be so proud.  No, seriously. 

No comments: