Sunday, September 26, 2010

Public Service Announcement - For the Ladies

Not long ago, I read an article that said 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra.  So I went to the Nordstrom Lingerie department for a measurement.  I was one of those women.

At dinner with some girlfriends last night, I found that a non-zero number of my friends had also gone in to be measured recently.  (I wish I could cite that article.  We all must have read it.)  In one case, a lady who thought herself a B-cup all her life measured out to a DD. 

The right bra will make you look better and feel better and your clothes will fit better.  I can recommend Nordstrom.  Another friend that went there for a fitting said that she had previously thought Nordstrom an expensive "old lady" store, but she was very happy with the service and will be going back.  Another friend went to Tina's Closet in Lisle and was very happy.  (Tina also does Girls Night parties on Wednesdays, if you make a reservation.  The calendar on her website suggests they are booked regularly.)

So go now.  Get a professional fitting.  You will be glad that you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schwartz' in Skokie is great too - but always a long wait. I went 4 years ago and just recently went back when my 4 year old bra tore at the seams...remeasured- again a different size, besides being a same the same weight and the same clothes size....

Kris Dahlberg