Saturday, August 14, 2010

Twix Java

I don't normally buy the impulse candy in check out line, but I saw this Twix Java, which reminded me of the Coffee Crisp in Toronto, so I gave it a try.


This picture is from a couple of years ago.  My package doesn't say Limited Edition, which makes me happy because it is really good and I hope it isn't "Limited".  The cookies are chocolate and the caramel has the coffee flavor. 

It has been a really long time since I had a regular-sized Twix bar, but these seemed a bit small.  And now that I am looking at the package, the net weight is 1.79 ounces, as compared to the 2.0 ounces in the package pictured. 

The nutritional information on my package says 250 calories and 13 grams of fat, which sounds to me like an average candy bar.  I wonder if they shrunk the serving to line up nutritional value or to be offering up less product for the money.  Discuss amongst yourselves.

So the texture is the same as I remember from a normal Twix and the new flavoring is very tasty.  It is not as good as the Coffee Crisp, but a pretty decent substitute.

2 comments:

John W said...

I just got one of these on my break per your recommendation.

I'm now addicted, damnit.

Anne said...

I went for one today, only to find the store in my office doesn't carry it. Regular, yes. Peanut butter, yes. No java!