Saturday, July 12, 2008

At the End of the Day


After I woke up, fed the birds, went to the Library Sale, took the packages to the Post Office, went to the doctor, had lunch, spent another hour at the Library Sale, did the grocery shopping, closed up the Refuge and picked up McDonald's for dinner:

I sat in the family room, talking to my mother and eating my dinner. Kiwi the Grey came over wanting a French Fry. I gave her one and sent her back to her perch. She finished it. Knowing she wanted another, I looked her in the eye and said, "No more. You stay there."

Not 30 seconds went by before she dive-bombed me and took a french fry out of my hands and flew with it to her perch.

She went into time-out.

So I took Manu into the shower. Kiwi likes to be in the room with the shower on because she likes the steam and starts grooming. Manu got right into the water. When I thought he was perfectly drenched, he lifted his wings and turned around as if to say, "Excuse me, you missed one right here!"

This terrible picture is Manu perched by my window trying to dry off before bed.

No comments: