Saturday, July 26, 2008

IMDb.com



Most of my friends already know about this website, but for those that don't use it:

The Internet Movie Database is the official data source for all things Hollywood. It covers television as well as film. Have you ever found yourself watching a movie and thinking, "From where do I know that guy?" IMDb has the answer.

When I first started watching House MD, I couldn't place Lisa Edelstein, the actress who plays Dr. Cuddy. IMDb had the answer - she played a small role in the early seasons of The West Wing. Eight years ago. I never would have come up with that on my own.

My mother watches tons of old black and white films, and I can't tell you how often I look at the screen and say something like, "Is that Gerald O'Hara?" Of course, I meant the actor, Thomas Mitchell. IMDb allows me to look up a character name to find the actor!

Every episode of every television show. Every obscure actor. Ever wonder what happened to the kid in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? He is a Hollywood martial artist/stunt coordinator.

The answer to every third question in my house is, "You know where the Internet is..go find out!" And this website is the reason why.

No comments: