Sunday, July 27, 2008

At the Movies: The Balcony is Closed

I read the Tribune, so I missed Roger Ebert's blog at the Sun Times on the "new direction" of his show, At the Movies (or whatever they call it these days). You can read it here.

I remember when Gene Siskel died, in early 1999, one of the things Ebert said was how sorry Siskel would be to miss the Star Wars prequels. That made me rather teary.

I have been of the opinion that Ebert has gone soft over the last few years. In that he seems to like just about everything. I remember watching a few years back and saying, "When did Roeper become Bad Cop?"

I don't know what they plan to do with the show, except that Ebert expects to have some role in the development. I don't imagine they will keep it home-grown.

To sign off, this is the review they did when The Empire Stikes Back was re-released:

No comments: