Thursday, January 6, 2011

OMG with the Peach Cobbler

Last night, I just ate in the hotel restaurant. Fabulous shrimp and corn chowder.  Lame grilled cheese.  Good peach cobbler.  For lunch today, all of my colleagues wanted Chick-Fil-A.  I don't get it, but they do have Diet Dr. Pepper from the fountain.

Tonight, I was with a group at Mary Macs Tea Room.  All Southern cooking served family style.  The peanut butter pie blew Baker's Square so far out of the water I don't even want to talk about it.  And again with the peach cobbler.

I tried to take a picture outside, but the neon sign turned out terribly so I am not putting it up here.

I wondered if I could keep this up all week - try the peach cobbler in a different restaurant every night.  But I am pretty sure the reservations are for Italian tomorrow.

I shan't push my luck.

5 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

not loving the idea of peaches but I'd love to try corn chowder - not something I'm likely to get here in the north east of England.

john said...

As a southern boy, it pains me to admit that I never really cared for all things cobbler (pecan pie for me). Creamed spinach? Yes. Fried okra? Sure. Grits? Hand 'em over. But I'm not a cobbler guy

KB said...

Peanut butter pie? Don't you recall Grandma (Curfiss)Young's recipe? I think I successfully made it once for George. The recipe was so old that Jill and I could barely make out the measurements.

john said...

Also cornbread. But get the sweet yellow kind, not the regular white kind

Anne said...

I did try the cornbread, but it was very dry and something was goofy with the butter and I didn't enjoy it.