Thursday, January 13, 2011

Volunteer from Home

Glenview Patch, my new favorite online publication, had an article highlighting some ways that people can volunteer for various causes on their own time, without leaving home.  Right now, I have Project Linus to fill that need, but I was particularly interested to see this:


Put your knowledge to use
Whether you have a background or interest in education, government, culture, gender issues or the environment, onlinevolunteering.org has an available opportunity for you. Simply by using your computer, you can make a difference in regions across the world. Register here to begin making a global impact without stepping foot from your home.
It seems that onlinevolunteering.org, run by the United Nations Development Program, has an entire database of volunteer opportunities that are based on the Internet.
My dance card is pretty full right now, but I will be hanging on to this one for future reference.

No comments: