Friday, September 26, 2008

At the Office - Quit Griping

This is an older article on MSN Careers that I loved when I first read it. “Get Rid of These Work Bad Habits” came back to the main page today and I wonder if it doesn’t mean that between the economy and the election and whatever else, that we might be getting on each other’s nerves. Here is my favorite point:

Bad Habit: Being negative.
What you think: “Everybody complains.”
What it really says: You’re the person to avoid.
What to do: It’s natural to grumble about work once in awhile. If you gripe and moan when you’re asked to do anything, however, people will not only get annoyed, they’ll wonder why you don’t just quit. Keep in mind that work isn’t always fun; keep the complaints to a minimum.

This is not just about co-workers, either. How often do we find ourselves complaining about work when we get home? Meeting friends on the weekend? I complain about my job, and I love my job.

Resolved: Let us all be quiet and give thanks for the fact that we are employed. Otherwise, let us be quiet and go find another job. Right now.

No comments: