Saturday, September 27, 2008

Foster Birds

Manu, the Foster Amazon, is pending adoption! His new family is scheduled to come pick him up on Sunday the 12th. I talked to his new mom, and she asked a million really good questions. She works at home, so he will be out of the cage all day long. And he will be an only bird, which I know he will appreciate. I am happy to say I believe this is a great home for him.

I mentioned that the Refuge was pretty badly flooded, so I decided to bring another bird home. Cobalt, who I believe is called a peach-faced love bird, came to the us with Precious the blue crowned conure (I really don't know if I have these species right).

I brought Cobalt home because he came in a little cage that is smaller than my TV. So I didn't help with the space problem, but I can give him his anti-biotics twice a day, which is a big pain. And it is one less cage to clean onsite. Now that I think about it, it gives the Refuge some counter space back.

This is new for me because I don't know a thing about little birds. I managed to get him out for a bit, so here are the pictures.

Cobalt is not even up on the website - but I just sent my pics to the Webmaster!

4 comments:

Fluffycat said...

How cute. We had small birds when I was growing up, cockateils.

Anne said...

Yeah, cute. But troublesome. Thankfully, he (she? don't know) heads toward my bookcase upon taking flight. I wouldn't know how to begin baby-proofing my life for a tiny thing like that.

Anonymous said...

Okay. Normally I don't go "Oh, wook at the cute widdle bird!", but that's a cute little bird.

Anne said...

You're staying off LJ, but you came here!

He is cute, but you have no idea how loud such a little thing can be.