Friday, September 19, 2008

What I Did on My Last Summer Day Off

Trip to the allergist. Getting my weekly shot today means I can avoid the children tomorrow.

Went to the grand opening of the
new Half Price Books in Highland Park. Apparently they were giving away free gift cards to the first 100 customers. I arrived at 9:30 and was not close to the first 100. I would find this promising except for the ladies standing around gossiping in front of the Clearance bookcases.

Headed south to stop in at William Sonoma and found
the Yankee Pot Roast Braising Sauce. I was looking for something involving minimal effort to do for dinner on Sunday, when my grandfather may or may not be coming out to Glenview for the Heifer International event at Wagner Farm. You throw the sauce with some beef and vegetables into the slow cooker. Two people in the store said it was the best thing ever.

Came home and my box from
Drs. Foster and Smith was here. This is what we call Time to Make the Bird Food. Two different types of pellets. Two different kinds of cereal. Tri-color pasta. And nutriberries.

Unloaded the dishwasher.

I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Don't get excited, it was just the refridgerated dough. Then, because the oven was already on, I found a box of mix for pumpkin bread. It was time.
In between, I did five loads of laundry.

Then my mother got home and it was time to drop off my car for an oil change. When we came back, she told me that the roof is leaking into her bedroom closet
. So I went to Angie's List and found a highly rated company for her to call next week.

Then I sat down to finish the week's reading for school and spent a bit of time tooling around MS Project. As that is the tool I am to use for my final Project. In Project Management.

I had some dinner and tried the pumpkin bread out on the birds. Manu the Foster Amazon loved it. Kiwi the Grey tossed the plate to the dog. The dog was most appreciative.

While I was doing these things, my mother was working on his Christmas cards. The dog's.
I am not joking:



That's ok because I left her a sinkful of dishes. And now I am going to watch some more of Season One of House, which it turns out I didn't even need to buy because it is on USA all the damn time now that I have cable in my room!

I have 11 days of vacation to kill before the end of the year. I would very much like if one of them involved lying in bed, reading books and eating bon bons. Or Laffy Taffy. Whatever.

No comments: