Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week Four

I am in Week 4 of my third course at BU. Project Management. I was going to post the textbook in the “What I am Reading” piece in my sidebar, but I can’t seem to get through Miller.

The professor is really good in that he participates a lot, instead of recording the lectures and letting the teaching facilitators do the rest. I also like that he argues with the textbook and finds different examples to make his point.

The way BU structures the online program, there is the assigned reading, online lectures, posted classroom discussions and written assignments each week. The lectures are part text and part recorded. In the past, I have seen the professors record computer program lectures, perhaps with voiceover. And use outside videos for case studies.

For most of his lectures, my current professor actually records himself in front of a white board. I love it. Except that I can’t interrupt him to ask a question. I am that girl in class.

The facilitator, assigned to the group at the last minute, is trying very hard to keep up with grading and feedback requests.

Mostly, I am enjoying this course. Except for one irony: I am finding it very hard to estimate the amount of time I will spend on my homework.

No comments: