Monday, December 20, 2010

BTT - Character

The question was:

If you could be a character from any book, who would you be? And why? 

I am so sorry to say that since Sherlock Holmes had a drug habit, and Indiana Jones went to the Temple of Doom, and Princess Leia had her home planet destroyed, I have a really boring answer.  I'm going with Elizabeth Bennet.

She has a fabulous family.  OK - two or three of her sisters are ridiculous creatures and her mother is the most annoying woman ever invented.  But they aren't bad people.  Her sister is her best friend and her father is wonderful.

She seems intelligent, educated and well-read.  Well liked by her neighborhood.  And nothing really, really bad ever happens to her.  Then there is that guy.

Mr. Darcy is no Rhett Butler, but he is all sincerity.  Pemberly seems like a nice enough place to live.  So if he actually looks like Colin Firth, I am sold.

I could do that life.

No comments: