This was my first attempt at a crocheted edge fleece blanket. The "licensed character" fabrics were on sale, and I used the leftover white from Vanna's Lion Brand yarn:
The idea is that the fleece is lighter, thus good for the littler kids. Not to mention less expensive than all the yarn that I use. And quick to make.
A close up of the edging:
I did three rows of a basic stitch. The stitching wasn't terribly difficult, but it was hardly perfect. Prepping the fabric is a pain. I really do dislike anything involving measuring. But I have a couple more pieces of fleece, so I will be making some more attempts.