Monday, March 28, 2011

George Washington and the General's Dog

I had lunch with my nephew, Alex, on Saturday.  I brought him three books from the Library Used Book Store. One was a Scooby Doo children's treasury.  One was about Mr. Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address.  The third was George Washington and the General's Dog.  Know what he wanted to read first?  Washington.

Ha.

So after lunch, we read the story together.  While he was turning a page, I turned to my brother and demanded that he go online and find out if this story was true.  When we were finished, and the dog was returned to General Howe, Alex asked if that was a true story.  Scott replied, "It is according to Alexander Hamilton."  Punk.

Yes, Alex.  That is a true story.

I am going to buy every children's book about the presidents that I can find.

No comments: