Thursday, March 10, 2011

BTT: Multi-tasking

The Question Was:

Do you multi-task when you read? Do other things like stirring things on the stove, brushing your teeth, watching television, knitting, walking, et cetera?

Or is it just me, and you sit and do nothing but focus on what you’re reading?

(Or, if you do both, why, when, and which do you prefer?)


Which is funny, because I have been talking about making the jump to audio books in order to have the luxury of multi-tasking.

First, it was about making more blankets for Project Linus.  But I found that I could also put away the laundry, feed the cat - heck, I've even done my nails again.

That isn't going to last.

Because I've been "reading" and doing other things at the same time, I don't feel quite so much like a selfish slacker.  And I am getting through more books.  Here is something funny:

Seven-plus shelves of TBR books.  So I go to the library to find books that I already have in the audio version.  So I am moving those books off of my TBR shelves, spending time at the library that I would otherwise spend in bookstores, and I am not spending more money on books.

Win, win, win.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I tend to read "in betweens". Yup, not helping the ever growing beast of TBRs Here's mine