Sunday, October 5, 2008

Baby Blanket

So one day my sister in law Becky - who is expecting a baby girl in December - tells me that she needs baby blankets. No one will think she needs baby blankets because she has already had a baby. But she does.

I point out that she is having the first girl in the family since me (or her on her side of the family), and she will be up to her butt in baby blankets any day now.

"Maybe," Becky said. "But they will all be pink."

So true.

I am not a crafty person. Wish I was. But I do require something to do with my hands during the Bears games or I will get so loud the neighbors will call the police. I can crochet, but I only do one stitch and it isn't any good. Finished it today during the third quarter:



You can see very clearly that it is uneven. And I just noticed that you can tell where one skein ends and the next one starts. I seem to remember my mother once saying something about dye lots. But at least it isn't pink. It is really too heavy to be a crib blanket. I figure it will be her Rolling on the Floor blanket. Alex had one of those - a brightly colored fleece. Here are the stitches:



Now I am going back to Snoopy latch hook kits. I'm on deadline before Christmas.

No comments: