Sunday, October 19, 2008

Twisted Peppermint


Last year, I was taking a look at my spending habits. I buy far too many books, but they are mostly from the Library Used Book Store or the Clearance section of Half Price Books. So think a dollar apiece. I wasn't about to give up books. What else? I eat out a lot, but generally at lunch time. Rarely do I go out to eat for dinner. I am not a clothes horse. I kinda have a lot of shoes, but don't think I have an actual problem there. However.

I didn't like the random way I was spending at two stores in particular: Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works. So just for the sake of argument, I put a moratorium on all purchases from those stores for the entire spring - until the June clearance sale. It was not as hard as I thought.

I could never pull it off in the Fall and here is why:



The first year Twisted Peppermint came out, I thought it smelled good, but who wants to walk around smelling like food? I only used the soap. Last year, I was looking forward to having it back and it wasn't released until closer to Christmas. I saw it in the store window on Friday. I don't care if I smell like food. I don't care that I spent $30 on the gift pack plus hand soap. It's Twisted Peppermint!

All the preaching I do on saving your money, and I fall vitcim to the classic - seasonal limited editions.

No comments: